Garage Sale Permits and Information
Condition of Sale:
All person residing in the City of Everman, Texas, shall display for purposes of sale, offer to sell or sell, used personal property to members of the general public, except under the following conditions:
- All such used personal property so offered for sale shall be displayed to possible purchases only on premises belonging to, under the control, of the person offering such personal property for sale.
- No new personal property may be displayed, offered for sale or sold.
- No new personal property owned by others and cosigned to the person offering such property for sale may be displayed, offered for sale or sold.
- Signs advertising such used property for sale shall be permitted to display at any location if the property owner has deemed it permissible.
- No signs may be placed on utility poles and failure to comply may result in a fine per Ordinance 433, Section 22.19, and
- No such used property shall be displayed, offered to sell or sell used personal property in the city without first procuring a permit from the city for each such sale at the cost of $25.00, and obtain said permit during normal business hours no later than the day before the beginning of the display, offering to sell or selling of such used property. (Ordinance 423, Section 1,
- No such used property shall be displayed, offered for sale or sold for any continuous period longer than 72 hours.
- No such used personal property shall be displayed, offered for sale or sold by the residents of any house more than 4 times in one year.
- The City Manager shall have the authority, upon the request of the permit holder, to reschedule a garage sale if there are unusual circumstances such as a death in the family, illness or inclement weather. (Ordinance 423, Section 2 & 12-4-90)
Section 1 (6) – The permit fee shall be $25.00, $15.00 of which shall be refunded when the signs are returned within 10 days of the final sale day as required by Section 11-193(5).
For a complete list of ordinances, exceptions and questions concerning garage sales, please call Everman City Hall at 817-293-0525.