100 N. Race St.
Everman, Texas 76140
Hours of Operation:
Tuesday – 10:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Fridays 12:00pm – 4:00pm
Saturdays 10:00am – 4:00pm
Closed Sundays & Mondays
Welcome to Everman Public Library,
The Director’s Corner
To say that this year has not been challenging would be an understatement. The library has also experienced transformations as well. With you help, we can make the library into something special, that addresses the needs of our community; a place that is inviting to visit and offers the materials and services you want and expect the library to deliver.
Billy D Manus II, Library Director
CURBSIDE PICKUP AT THE EVERMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY
This is for current members who already have Everman Public Library Accounts. We cannot set up an account over the telephone.
6 – books or audio books
2 – DVD or Blu-Ray Movies per family.
Step 1: When you call the library, we will verify that you are a member first, we will ask for your birth date for account verification.
Step 2: Placing your order. If you wish for a specific author or book, we can check to see if we have that item or similar items.
Step 3: We will call you back within 2 hours and schedule a time for you to come and pick up your order.
Step 4: Picking up. A staff member will hand the bagged items to you or place the bagged items in your trunk or place them on the ground when you arrive to collect them. Materials not collected will be re-shelved after 2 days.
Available During Normal Business Hours Only
Join us on YouTube as we open your child to a world of imagination.
Enjoy fables, poems and other short stories that will build your child’s comprehension skills and vocabulary.
Story Time at the Everman Public Library is available 24/7 via our YouTube Channel
JOIN US FOR FUN WITH PHONICS ON YOUTUBE AT THE EVERMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY
Twelve fun and exciting short lessons for children, that teaches the 44 major phonetic sounds in the English language. 4 Lessons series covers 11 phonetic sounds at a time. Large cards are viewed with the sound, and a word that makes that sound along a rhyming short story.
Lesson a – Introduces the sounds, images cards, and a word to the viewer.
Lesson b – Rhyming Sounds, shows the image card, the word and other rhyming words.
Lesson c – A Phonic Story, shows the image card, and uses the word and rhyming words in a short story.
There are 4 groups of 3 lessons.
Or on YouTube search “Everman Public Library
Introducing children to important money skills using books. Selected books includes a free companion guide to help you discuss the books and its lesson in greater detail by using critical thinking skills.
Key goals are:
- Problem Solving
- Making Decisions
- Saving Money
- Earning Money
- & Setting Goals
Program and Books are for ages 4 to 10.
LIBRARY SERVICES AND COSTS
Black and White Copies and Prints Only. We cannot print labels, stickers or on transparencies. We reserve the right to make changes to all prices and services at anytime without notice.
A printer is available. Prints will cost $0.25 per sheet and must be paid for at the conclusion of the session. Patrons must pay for all pages printed, or use print preview to limit and pick which pages to print.
A photocopy machine is available to patrons who wish to copy materials. Only the library staff may use the copy machine to assist the patrons, at the rate of:
- Letter (8.5×11 inches) – $0.10 each
- Double Sided Letter (8.5×11 inches) – $0.15 per page
- Legal (8.5×14 inches) – $0.30 each
- Double Sided Legal (8.5×14 inches) – $0.55 per page
- **If you bring your own paper – $0.05 one side / $0.10 two sides
NOTICE: Library staff (copy machine users) are advised that there are restrictions on copyrighted materials. Any violation of copyright is the responsibility of the copy machine user.
C. Refusal of Service
Everman Public Library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who is using our services to alter, change, modify, passing or possessing of document(s) for an unlawful purpose. Falsifying documents is a criminal offense. (8 U.S. Code § 1324c) https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324c
Library staff will fax on behalf of the patrons. The cost to fax is as follows:
- Local & Toll-Free – $1.00 for the first page, plus $0.25 each additional page
- Long Distance/ Mexico – $2.00 for the first page, plus $0.50 each additional
- Cover Sheet – $0.25 page
- Confirmation Page – $0.00 page
E. Scanning Services
Library staff has the ability of scanning documents and sending them to any email, including your own:
- $0.10 per page
- #10 Business – $0.10
- 10″x13″” Legal – $0.50
G. Overdue Fines
- Books – $0.25 per day
- DVD/Blu-Ray / Audio books – $2.00 per day
H. Lost or Destroyed Materials
- Lost Items – New replacement cost of the item
- Damages Items – Cost of the item in our system
I. Library Card Replacement
$2.00 / per card
CONFERENCE ROOM POLICY
Non-resident fees have been implemented for the checking out of materials from the Everman Public Library. Library cards will be issued for all accounts. For patrons with Annual membership, your library accounts will have to be renew yearly using the rates below. You will receive an email (2) month before your renewal is due.
Zone 1 Membership: (Residents inside Everman City Limits)
- $0.00 (free)
Zone 2 Memberships: (within the Everman ISD Boundary Area, excluding the Forest Hill City Limits)
- Senior Citizen (65+) – $5.00/Annually
- Single User – $10.00/Annually
- Families (Multiple Users) $20.00/Annually
Zone 3 Memberships: (including Forest Hill)
- Senior Citizen (65+) – $10.00/Annually
- Single User – $20.00/Annually
- Families (Multiple Users) $40.00/Annually
Identity and Proof of Residency Required:
To receive a library account, visit the library with a government or school issued ID card
State drivers license
State ID card
School issued photo ID card
Consular ID card
We will also need proof of residency:
Voter’s registration card (current)
Utility bill (current)
Rental agreement (current)
vehicle insurance (current)
Online bill (current)
Current piece of mail with a physical address (within the last 30 days). Mail must be type written or computer generated.
You may call us up to 2 times to renew your items by telephone. Every renewal adds 2 additional weeks to your due date.
Just call the Circulation Desk at (817) 551-0726.
Selection of and access to electronic resources are integral to fulfilling the mission and objectives of the Everman Public Library. All materials and information found via the internet is not a part of the libraries collection.
- www.LibriVox.org – Is the perfect site for downloading free audio books. Offers thousands of selections for free.
- www.Free-Ebooks.net (English) or https://www.free-ebooks.net/espanol (Spanish) – Provides 5 free ebooks per month with signup. They also have an app for downloading selections to your mobile devices. The ReadEra app allows you to read these ebooks without ads.
- www.ProjectGutenburg.org – Provides an excellent source of getting free classic ebooks for free.
- www.Wikipedia.org – Updated often, Wikipedia is an excellent encyclopedia source.
Learning a Language
- www.Duolingo.com – Free courses to learn a new language.
- www.BananaEnglish.com – Offers “Resources for teaching and learning English, ESL, ESOL, and EFL”
Other Free Collections
- Internet Archive – www.Archive.org – “Is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.”
- www.OpenCulture.org – The best of everything on the internet that is free from books, movies, courses and more.
Free Books Offers for Children
- Dolly Parton Imagination Library – https://imaginationlibrary.com/ – Free books every month from birth to age 5, when you enroll your children in the program.